|Table Name||News launch Tables|
|Historical ‘A’ Tables (home data): past years and months|
|Employment circumstances Information launch (month-to-month) Current populace study (CPS)|
|Historical ‘B’ Tables (Establishment data): past years and months|
|Employment Situation Information launch (month-to-month) Current Employment data (CES)|
|Weekly Earnings Tables: past quarters|
|typical Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers Information Release (quarterly) Current Population Survey (CPS)|
|Union Affiliation Tables: past years|
|Union customers News launch (annual) chatango Current populace Survey (CPS)|
|usage of Historical information Series by topic: past years and months|
|Browse work force, employment, jobless, as well as other information by subject Current populace study (CPS)|
- Series Report — already know just the series identifier for the statistic you want? Utilize this shortcut to recover your computer data. ( See files that are tab-delimited for series id codes. )
- LN series id list – labor pool data such as the unemployment rate that is national
- LE show id list – Weekly profits and employees compensated hourly rates
- LU series id list – Union affiliation information
- FM series id list – Marital and household labor pool data
- Compressed flat files website — For those that want to buy all. Down load a compressed flat file for the entire LN database or big subset associated with the LN database.
Most-Requested CPS Tables
- Work status of this populace, 1940s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by intercourse, 1970s to date (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by step-by-step age (HTML) (PDF)
- Work status by academic attainment (HTML) (PDF)
- Work by detailed career, intercourse, competition, and ethnicity that is hispanicHTML) (PDF)
- Median earnings that are weekly step-by-step career and intercourse (HTML) (PDF)
Most-Requested CPS Publications
- Handbook of practices
- Methodology for seasonally adjusting nationwide home labor pool show
- Corrections to household study populace quotes
- Present Population Survey, design and methodology (Technical paper 77) (October 2019) (PDF)
- Earlier versions:
- Technical paper 66, October 2006 (PDF)
- Technical paper 63, revised March 2002 (PDF)
- Technical paper 63, March 2000 (PDF)
- Earlier versions:
Final Modified Date: April 21, 2020
Folks Are Asking.
- Where can I get the jobless price for past years?
- Exactly exactly How could be the jobless price linked to unemployment insurance coverage claims?
- What exactly is seasonal modification?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How come the national government accumulate data from the unemployed?
- Where perform some statistics result from?
- Exactly what are the fundamental principles of work and jobless?
- That is counted as used?
- That is counted as unemployed?
CPS Special Notices
- BLS discovered mistakes in certain quotes when you look at the Profile regarding the Working Poor variety of reports. More Details
- The effect regarding the partial government that is federal from the Employment circumstances for October 2013. More Info
CPS Associated Hyper Hyper Links
Associated Hyper Hyper Links to Other BLS Information
- Information for CPS Participants
- What to anticipate if you have been selected to take part in the present Population Survey.
- Employment, Hours, and profits through the CES study (nationwide)
- Month-to-month nationwide information by detail by detail industry on work, hours, and profits of employees in the payrolls of nonfarm establishments.
- Geographic Area Unemployment Statistics
- Month-to-month and employment that is annual jobless, and work force information for Census areas and divisions, States, counties, towns, and several towns and cities, by host to residence.
- Nationwide Longitudinal Studies
- Several studies collecting information at numerous points with time in regards to the work market and life experiences of six categories of US males, females, and youth.
- Occupational Employment Statistics
- Data on work and wages for over 800 vocations as well as for about 400 nonfarm companies for the country, plus occupational information for States and metropolitan areas.
Other Useful Links
- Census Bureau Population and Household Topics
- Census Bureau’s Domestic and Housing Statistics
- Money and Poverty Data
- Census Bureau Current Population Study
- Employment and Training Management
- Weekly unemployment insurance coverage claims data
Contact the Active Population Survey (CPS)
- Re Re Search CPS topics A to Z
- View CPS faqs
State, city, and county work force data
Work force information for Census areas and divisions, states, counties, urban centers, and lots of towns can be found individually through the geographic area jobless Statistics (LAUS) program. Contact LAUS by call or e-mail(202) 691-6392.
Nationwide labor pool information
CPS economists can be obtained to help you Monday through Friday (8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Eastern Time), excluding federal breaks.
- E mail us by email
- E mail us by phone: (202) 691-6378 To enable us to higher offer every one of our clients, please never submit email concerns and then phone when it comes to information that is same.
For advice about these unique subjects:
- State, city, county, as well as other area that is local through the geographic area jobless data (LAUS) program: (202) 691-6392 or email
- CPS use that is public files can be obtained through the Census Bureau
- BLS microdata estimation methodology for CPS: email
- CPS adjustment that is seasonal: email